If you go to a gym or are a fitness enthusiast, then you must have heard about BCAA supplements. The gym instructor or your coach might have suggested you consume BCAA supplements. Are you confused about why you should be consuming a BCAA supplement? Then let us be your guide and make you understand why you should be consuming BCAAs.
Before starting about the benefits, you need to first understand what BCAA is. Well! BCAA ( branched-chain amino acids) are those essential amino acids that make up about 35% of our muscle mass. The BCAA supplements are a recovery formula packed with the goodness of leucine, valine, and isoleucine.
There are two types of BCAA supplements available in the market one is BCAA 2:1:1 and the other one is BCAA 8:1:1. BCAA supplements with 2:1:1 ratio contain two parts of leucine and one part each of valine, and isoleucine. The BCAA supplements in the ratio 8:1:1 consist of eight parts of leucine and one part each of isoleucine and valine respectively.
Why Choose BCAA Supplements?
There are a lot of proven science-based bcaa benefits that support a healthy and active life. These supplements are the best ways to enhance your overall fitness, so let us check out the benefits of consuming BCAA supplements:
- These supplements are known to reduce your hunger pangs and at the same time provide complete nutrition which supports weight loss.
- BCAA supplements can preserve lean muscles.
- The essential compounds in BCAA supplements prevent muscle breakdown and increase muscle mass. Regular intake of BCAA Powder is known to increase protein synthesis in your body which helps in muscle building.
- BCAA supplements, when consumed both before and after rigorous training sessions, are known to help reduce muscle soreness.
- These supplements are known to improve nutrition in undernourished and elderly people. It is therefore believed to reduce anorexia.
- The potent electrolytes like sodium and potassium present in BCAA supplements help in preventing the onset of fatigue and at the same time keeping your body hydrated during strenuous workouts.
How To Consume BCAA supplements?
Mix one scoop of BCAA powder with about 7 to 8 ounces of water or any cold beverage of your choice. For best results, try to consume the supplement two times a day daily, once between meals and the next just after a rigorous workout session. If you are a bodybuilder, then you can mix two scoops of this supplement.
When To Consume BCAA Supplements?
Are you wondering when to consume BCAAs supplements? Then here is the answer to your question:
- You can consume BCAA supplements during a workout as BCAA supplements help in keeping your muscles fueled with the necessary amino acids and BCAAs.
- The BCAA supplements can also be consumed before a workout session. It contains citrulline malate and active electrolytes which give you the extra dose of energy that you need before a rigorous workout session.
- BCAA supplements can also be taken after a workout. Since, the BCAA supplements help in rapid muscle recovery and reduce muscle soreness, they can work excellent as a post workout supplement.
Hope this article will help you understand why you need to include BCAA supplement as a part of your daily diet. Stay fit and eat right.